Win a FAMIL trip to Queensland
Australia’s Nature Coast ’Winter Blues’ Travel Trade competition
Don’t miss out, make bookings to Brisbane or Cairns and win a place on a FAMIL trip to Queensland! The more you book, the greater your chances of winning!
Seven lucky agents will get a chance to go on an amazing FAMIL trip to Queensland on Malaysia Airlines on 19-28 May 2019.
Bookings made from 28 January 2019 to 31 March 2019 and for travel from 28 January 2019.
Registered bookings are valid for business suite, business class and economy class bookings to Brisbane or Cairns made from 28 January 2019 until 31 March 2019.
Terms and Conditions
- General Terms
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- The Promotion is open to travel agents based in the United Kingdom, who are at least 18 years old and work in front line sales in the travel industry.
- Employees and agents of Malaysia Airlines (“Sponsor”), Tourism and Events Queensland (“TEQ”) or any of their subsidiaries or affiliated companies and their immediate families (parents, siblings, spouses, children) and members of their households, and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfilment of the Promotion are not eligible to enter or win.
- The Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m., local time, on the 28th January 2019 and closes at 11:59 p.m. local time on the 31st March 2019 (“Promotion Period”).
- Gaining consent of the employer is the responsibility of each of the Participants. By entering, Participants acknowledge receipt of the consent of their respective employer.
- To enter the Promotion, Participants must play the “Australia’s Nature Coast ‘Winter Blues’ travel competition” by visiting the Promotion website, www.theperfectshadeofblue.co.uk, completing the online quiz and registration details. The winners of the Famil Trip places will be the Participants who have (1) completed the quiz; (2) registered on the trade portal; and (3) acquired a significant number of points related to the bookings made for accommodation, tours and Malaysia Airline flights booked to Brisbane. Winners will be selected by the Promoter and TEQ from amongst the highest points earners.
- Participants may only submit bookings made by themselves. In the instance where a ticket is initiated (booked) by one agent and finalized (ticketed) by another, only the one who initiates the ticket (books the ticket) will be accepted as the Participant. Bookings made via Participant internet booking engines are not eligible for the Promotion.
- Bookings must comply with the eligibility criteria set forth in these Terms. Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants may submit as many entries as bookings made but each booking can only be entered once.
- Participants earn the following reward points:
(a) 15 points for every flight booked to Brisbane with Malaysia Airlines
(b) 10 points for booking either of the following: (i) overnight accommodation in either the Sunshine Coast or Fraser Coast region – inclusive of Fraser Island. (ii) A tour leaving from either the Sunshine Coast or Fraser Coast region – inclusive of Fraser Island
- 10. To be an eligible booking, each of the following must be met:
(a) Tickets must be booked and issued between 28th January 2019 and 31 March 2019.
Travel must commence on or after 28th January 2019.
(b) Tickets issued on both operated and marketed flights of Malaysia Airlines are eligible, provided that, on routes which are served by Sponsor Malaysia Airlines is the operating carrier.
(c) Usual booking terms and conditions apply and all bookings are subject to availability.
(d) Promotion is only valid for travel documents issued with an origin within the UK.
- Points will only be rewarded after verification and all the terms and conditions are met. Points will be rewarded for every valid booking (not per passenger).
- The major prizes consist of seven places on a FAMIL trip to Australia’s Nature Coast, Australia travelling between 19-18 May 2019. The prize includes return flights to Queensland from London Heathrow, plus minimum 7 nights on the ground in destination visiting the Fraser Coast and Sunshine Coast. Detailed itinerary and travel dates will not be available until a later date, but will include all accommodation, touring, most meals, domestic flights and international flights with Malaysia Airlines. Any other incidental expenses are not included and must be paid for by the winners. The Promoter will have no liability in relation to travel costs associated with travelling to or from the departure airport.
- Any complaints relating to the prize should be directed to the provider.
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified in these Rules or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Promotion. Neither Sponsor nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by Sponsor to provide the prize or otherwise that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of the prize in transit to the winner.
- Any Participant, who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in Sponsor's reasonable determination is contrary to these Rules or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor and/or any of its agents or representatives), may be rejected from the Promotion at Sponsor's sole discretion. Where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, may take such action as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
- The Prizes are supplied as is, and are not transferable, exchangeable, redeemable for cash and cannot be sold.
- All decisions by Sponsor in relation to the Promotion are final and Sponsor will not enter into any correspondence with Participants.
- These Rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales and Ireland. The courts of the city of London shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Rules.
- Entrants may opt-in to being subscribed to the databases of Tourism and Events Queensland and Malaysia Airlines for their online marketing and promotional communications, using the details that the entrant has supplied on its entry form. Entrants who opt-in consent to their name and email address being used for this purpose.
- The Sponsor of this Promotion is Malaysia Airlines, 247/249 Cromwell Road, London, SW5 9GA, United Kingdom.
- Winner Selection
- Winners are selected at random from the highest number of validated bookings following the campaign.
- The seven FAMIL trip winners will be notified by email and follow-up phone call using the contact details provided at registration, on Wednesday April 3rd 2019. The winners must respond and accept the prize by Monday 8 April 2019 by 23:59 GMT by replying in writing to the notification email. If a winner does not confirm their intention to claim the prize within this timeframe, a replacement winner will be selected from the remaining entries at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Claiming a prize shall be deemed as acceptance by you that Malaysia Airlines and TEQ shall not be liable for any loss, illness, injury or death incurred unless due directly to negligence by us. When you claim a prize, Malaysia Airlines and TEQ will only be liable for our own negligence or breach of obligations. Malaysia Airlines and TEQ are not liable for the acts or omissions of any third party supplier, which are subject to their terms and conditions.
- Once a prize has been selected, Malaysia Airlines and TEQ shall not be liable for any failure to comply with their obligation if caused by adverse weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riot, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, acts of God or any other circumstances amounting to Force Majeure.
- Famil Trip
- Famil trip is valid from 19 May 2019 until 28 May 2019 from date of issue of the prize letter.
- The ticket/s you have been awarded is non-transferable & non re-routable in any way. This means that your ticket cannot be transferred into another person’s name and it cannot be exchanged or sold for cash and cannot be changed to any origin or destination. All flights are to depart and arrive from London Heathrow Airport (LHR/T4).
- Travel costs to and from the departure airport are not covered and therefore will be at the participant's own expense.
- Personal insurance is not covered in this prize and you are advised to take your own insurance.
- Malaysia Airlines will pay any applicable transportation taxes and government imposed fees related to the prize.
- It is the responsibility of the winners to ensure they have a valid passport each and obtain any necessary vaccination or visas for their trip.
- Prize tickets are not entitled to any upgrades and excess baggage. Mileage accrual is not available for this complimentary ticket.
- Once tickets are issued they are non-changeable, non-refundable, or upgradeable. Once booked, the origin and destination, flight time and date of travel cannot be changed.
- Flights are subject to Malaysia Airlines’ terms and conditions of carriage, which can be found at www.malaysiaairlines.com
- The prize winner is solely responsible for declaring details of any award provided under the promotion to HMRC and for paying any tax liability which may arise.
- Minor prizes consist of 25 goodie bags. There will be the opportunity for 25 Participants to win a goodie bag. The winners of the goodie bags will be randomly chosen after the Promotion has finished (31 March 2019). The winners of the goodie bags will be notified by email, and will be asked to provide their address for distribution. If a Participant does not provide their email address within 10 working days, Malaysia Airlines and TEQ reserve the right to reallocate a prize to another Participant.
- Modifications to terms and conditions
- Malaysia Airlines and TEQ reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time and without notice by posting the amended terms and conditions on this site. You agree to read these terms and conditions regularly so that you will be aware of any changes and your continued use of the website will mean that you agree to the changes made. If you do not agree to the changes, you should notify Malaysia Airlines and TEQ accordingly and your account will be closed.